Need time to design?
Then sign up for Time to design – new talent award 2010. The award is aimed at young designers in the beginning of their career, who have already shown potential and talent. A highly qualified jury will select the best design proposal.
Time to design – new talent award was founded in 2008 by the Danish Art Workshops, Normann Copenhagen and Link UP. The cooperation forms a distinctive platform for the growing talent and facilitates room and space for challenging projects and ideas.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS JUNE 16, 2010
– Three months residency at the Danish Art Workshops with own mini studio as well as access to workshops and guidance. If accommodation is needed an apartment is available as well.
– Career coaching by OEO
– Two weeks exhibition at the Normann Copenhagen flagship store
– DKK 50.000 to cover material costs Jury 2010
– Odoardo Fioravanti, designer
– GamFratesi, design duo
– Maria Sparre-Petersen, designer
– representatives from the partners
– You’re eligible to enter if you are a designer in the beginning of his/her career or student.
– Danish as well as foreign candidates can apply.
– The winner should prove persuasive design skills and capability– by virtue of his/hers works up to now and by a specific project description.
– The winner should prove a professional approach to the design profession, including understanding of materials, functionality, aesthetics and environmental matters.
– The application project should have a character, which is suitable for a residency at the Danish Art Workshops and a subsequent exhibition at Normann Copenhagen Flagship Store.
– The project/design can be within furniture, textile, industrial or product design.
– The project can be of commercial or artistic nature.
– The winner must accept conditions regarding the time of the residency, economy and exhibition period.
– Only applications submitted in time will be evaluated. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
– Only applications submitted via the electronic application form will be accepted.
– The application must be accomplished by a specific project description and visual material.